Providing career education of a technical or semi-professional nature that offers an associate degree that, upon completion, qualifies students to seek employment in the occupational field for which preparation is offered.
The Aims and Purposes of the Mortuary Science Department are the following:
- To enlarge the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession.
- To educate students in every phase of funeral service, and to help enable them to develop the proficiency and skills necessary of the profession, as defined in the preamble above.
- To educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large.
- To emphasize high standards of ethical conduct.
- To provide a curriculum at the post-secondary level of instruction.
- To encourage research in the field of funeral service.